Sometimes it can feel like you’re doing everything right and still not achieving the goals you want.
It can be frustrating to not see those results coming and that frustrating can lead to you wanting to give up.
Sometimes it’s because your focus is in the wrong place – making it all about the scales.
To a certain degree, they can be out of your control.
What I like to do with clients is get them to focus on the behaviours they can control:
- Eating – portion control, veg, lean meats, water, occasional snacks and treats.
- Exercise – working out X times a week, being active outside of the sessions.
- Mindset – practice flexibility, taking action, obstacle planning
- Lifestyle – sleep, stress management
- Consistency – doing the right things most of the times with some wiggle room to relax.
Once you start to shift your focus onto the areas you can control and work on them, things like the scale weight and measurements usually take care of themselves.
This is my, mostly, Personal Trainer musings and information which I hope you'll find helpful!