The Pallof Press is one of my favourite ab exercises for building up strength and core stability.
It also has a lot of variations you can play around with so it never gets boring.
One of the more interesting variations is the Pallof Press Alphabet.
It is literally making the alphabet shapes whilst holding the core solid.
To switch it up again, you can play around with numbers, words, shapes, etc.
It will get your core and shoulders burning!
• Attach a resistance band to a solid object that will not move, set to sternum height
• Stand sideways to point of attachment and hold band with both hands.
• Take a large side step away from object to take away any slack in band.
•Stand tall with feet shoulder width apart and abdominals braced together. Shoulders pulled back and down.
• Hands should be together, touching lower chest / sternum.
• Breathe out and push band directly forwards, away from body until arms are fully extended and parallel to floor.
• From here, make the letters of the alphabet, size of letters should be adjusted to comfort levels
• Complete all reps on one side and face opposite way next set
This is my, mostly, Personal Trainer musings and information which I hope you'll find helpful!