This is an advanced leg exercise which I picked up from coach Nick Tumminello. It mainly targets the inner thighs. It will also work the butt muscles, the obliques and back muscles.
All in all, you get a lot from this exercise but it isn't easy.
You have to be able to hold a side plank with ease and have a good level of leg and upper body strength.
• Lay on side with top knee on a bench or solid flat surface. Knee should be bent with foot and shin resting on the surface
• Elbow should be under shoulder with shoulder pulled back and down, engaging back muscles
• Brace core very tightly and squeeze knee into bench or surface
• Go into a side plank position with bottom foot still on floor
• Maintain side plank position and squeeze bottom leg towards the top leg, lifting as high as possible without rotating through the body
• With control, lower the bottom leg towards floor
• Repeat for given number of reps before changing sides
This is my, mostly, Personal Trainer musings and information which I hope you'll find helpful!